Dan Vuckovich, shareholder, has been named the George D. Anderson Distinguished Service Award recipient for 2017. Read on to see what this award looks for in a recipient:
George D. Anderson Distinguished Service Award
The Distinguished Service Award is MSCPA’s highest honor, recognizing a member who has served the profession or the public with distinction.
The purpose of the award is to recognize CPAs who have demonstrated a commitment to:
- enhancing the profession whether locally, nationally, or internationally and/or
- serving the public.
In evaluating nominations, the Montana Society Board of Directors will consider the nominee’s accomplishments in the following areas:
- Service to the Montana Society of CPAs as an officer, Board member, committee member, legislative spokesperson, CPE speaker, researcher, and Line Items contributor, as well as other types of activities that enhance the profession’s stature.
- Service to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, as an officer, committee member, researcher, speaker, or exam grader/contributor.
- Service to other national organizations which contribute to the overall strength of the accounting profession, such as the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board, the Institute of Management Accountants, the American Accounting Association, and other recognized organizations that directly influence the accounting profession.
- Service to international accounting organizations such as the International Financial Accounting Committee.
- Active participant in various community, charitable, and civic activities on a local, state, or national level.
- Assumed responsibility for a significant civic or charitable undertaking on a local, state, or national level.
- Service in the community, state, or nation in an outstanding manner as an appointed or elected official.
- Presented speeches or published significant articles designed to encourage participation in, or support of community, civic, or charitable causes
Click here for more information from the MSCPA
Click here for more recent news from Anderson ZurMuehlen