Would you rather focus on the health of your patients than the worries and issues of running a business? Then you need a business advisor who has specialized knowledge of the business of medicine. Anderson ZurMuehlen has developed a strong presence in this arena focusing considerable efforts in increasing expertise directly for the healthcare profession. We can help you! Healthcare professionals have relied on us to provide proactive comprehensive services tailored to meet their unique needs and objectives since 1957.
Anderson ZurMuehlen provides clients in all industries with assistance in traditional service areas (accounting, audit and tax) as well as other, more specialized areas including technology services, employee benefit services, business valuation, and litigation support. Our team approach makes it possible to draw upon the firm’s extensive professional staff for consultation and technical knowledge.
We have expertise in operations and uniqueness of medical practices, hospitals and clinics, and can help you analyze and answer important questions such as:
- How is the financial health of my practice?
- What can I do to minimize taxes?
- How do I know if fraud is happening in my office?
- How can I benchmark my medical practice against other practices?
- What is the current value of my practice?
- How do I maximize the value of my dental practice for sale or retirement?
- How do I improve procedures for financial risk management?
Accounting and Tax Planning Services
- Third party payor contract review
- Bookkeeping and accounting services consulting
- Tax minimization strategies
- Income tax planning
- Income tax return preparation and compliance
- Estate and trust tax planning
- Estate and trust return preparation and compliance
- Prepare required filings with federal and state agencies for governmental, nonprofit, and commercial organizations
- Audit, review and compilation of financial statements and assurance
- HUD financing and reporting
- Single Audit services specific to OMB A-133 requirements
- Compilation and examinations of forecasts required for the long-term financing associated with capital improvements
- Review and recommend creative solutions based on analysis of accounts receivable, collections, and write-off policies
- Benchmarking tools specific to the medical profession
- Business analysis/management reports/peer financial statistics comparison
- Employee Benefit Plan Audit
- Fraud awareness
- Internal control reviews
- Review and design of physician compensation plans
- Technology issues
Operational Evaluation Services
- Review internal controls to help detect and prevent fraud
- Identify areas of high risks and future risks
- Increase governance confidence in facility operations
Practice Valuation and Transition Services
- Healthcare practice valuations
- Retirement planning strategies
- Financial planning strategies
- Healthcare practice sales and acquisitions
Anderson ZurMuehlen is an independent member of the BDO Alliance, USA, a nationwide association of independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting and service firms with similar client service goals. The Alliance brings Anderson Zurmuehlen the necessary tools to help us better serve our clients with greater flexibility, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
BDO’s Center for Healthcare Excellence & Innovation
Committed to helping healthcare organizations achieve optimal clinical and financial performance, adapt to regulatory changes and embrace technological innovation.
BDO’s national practice of professional offers hands-on experience and technical skill to address the business needs of their healthcare clients. Including specialized services such as:
- Cost Reporting
- Market & Financial Feasibility Studies
- Operational Benchmarking
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Nonprofit Healthcare Organizations
- ISO 27001
- HIPPA and HITRUST Compliance Cyber Assessments
- HITRUST Threat Catalogue Implementation
- Addressing Cybersecurity Threats
- Operational Efficiency and Controls assessment
The Rybar Group focuses on providing innovative, results-orietned healthcare financial consulting and related healthcare regulatory services to hospitals, healthcare systems and providers since 1989. The Rybar Group’s phsyician services will provide the necessary expertise and experience optimize reimbursements, maintain efficiency and compliance all while keeping you current with the technical and financial regulations that affect your practice. Specific services include:
- Coding and Billing Quality Assurance Reviews
- Cash Flow Improvement Services
- Fee Schedule Analysis
- ICD-10 Services
- Practice Valuation
- Operational Assessment
- Denials Reduction Management
- Financial Analysis and Assistance
- RAC, MIC and Commercial Payor Reviews and Appeals
- Educational Program
Anderson ZurMuehlen makes your hard work count. We’ll plan together for your continued growth, as well as toward a healthy balance among the other priorities in your life. You can be assured our most important business is yours. Please contact Annette Hill, shareholder, by email or at 406.782.0451, for a consultation.