- Joined Anderson ZurMuehlen in 2001
- Business Unit Director
Bill Mills, shareholder, has practiced in public accounting for 22 years providing tax, advisory and attest services to small and large businesses and their owners. A highly accomplished accounting professional with a passion for success, Bill excels in advising clients on strategies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their accounting operations and beyond.
He also has extensive experience assisting clients with assessment of internal controls over finance reporting, evaluation of information technology controls, ERISA compliance and audits of employee benefit plans, compliance with section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and working with construction contractors.
Bill is a member of the finance committee for Bozeman Deaconess Hospital Foundation and the Gallatin County CASA/Guardian ad Litem Program. He also volunteers his time as a youth football coach to the Bozeman School District and as an advisor to the Bozeman Schools Foundation.
- Construction contractors
- Assessment of internal controls over financial reporting
- Evaluation of information technology controls
- Internal audits of regulated entities
- Compliance with section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- ERISA compliance and audits of employee benefit plans
- Comprehensive knowledge of nonprofit industry accounting, taxation, legal compliance, and governance
- Member, American Institute of CPAs
- Member, Montana Society of CPAs
- Past President, Cancer Support Community of Montana
- Member, Finance Committee, Bozeman Deaconess Foundation
- Member, Revolving Loan Fund Committee, City of Belgrade
- Treasurer, Gallatin County CASA/Guardian ad Litem Program
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural and Managerial Economics,
- University of California, Davis – 1991
- Continuing education through Montana Society of CPAs, American Institute of CPAs, the SEC Institute, and Anderson ZurMuehlen sponsored courses.