- Joined Anderson ZurMuehlen in 2007
- International Tax Team Lead
Erin Stockwell, shareholder, provides tax planning and consulting services for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates. Erin also specializes in serving international tax clients and is currently the firm’s specialty team leader in this area of practice.
Erin is a member of the American Institute of CPAs and the Montana Society of CPAs. She is also Treasurer of the Great Falls Estate Planning Council and was previously the Treasurer of the Great Falls Children’s Receiving Home.
Erin graduated from the University of Montana in 2004 with a Bachelor of Science in Business, Accounting emphasis. She enjoys outdoor activities, especially horseback riding with her husband and relishes cooking and curling up with a good book.
- Experienced with income tax planning and return preparation for individuals, corporations, LLCs, partnerships, trusts, estates, private foundations and nonprofits.
- Tax planning and business consulting, estate and trust planning, and she helps individuals and businesses navigate the complexities of our international tax system.
- Consulting work includes estate planning for high-wealth individuals, working with non-profits on tax exemption compliance and board education, and IRS and Department of Revenue audits for individuals and entities.
- Client groups served include nonprofit organizations, farm implement dealerships, wind energy companies, foreign individuals and entities, high-wealth individuals, trusts, charitable trusts, and estates.
- Experienced with annual compliance work for U.S. citizens living abroad, including income tax compliance and Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR) compliance for both individuals and the foreign businesses in which they are involved.
- Experienced in successfully bringing qualified clients into compliance with the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program and Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures.
- International consulting work includes cross-border income tax, estate, and gift planning, planning for expatriation, as well as entity structure planning.
- Member, American Institute of CPAs
- Member, Montana Society of CPAs
- Current Treasurer and Past President of the Great Falls Estate Planning Council
- Past Board Member and Treasurer, Great Falls Children’s Receiving Home
- Bachelor of Science in Business with an Accounting emphasis,
- University of Montana – 2004
- Continuing education courses through Montana Society of CPAs, American Institute of CPAs, Internal Revenue Service, Practicing Law Institute and Anderson ZurMuehlen sponsored courses.