- Joined Anderson ZurMuehlen in 2005
- Office Vice President
- Shareholder since 2008
Jan Schweitzer, shareholder and office vice-president, provides accounting, financial reporting, and consulting services for corporations, partnerships, and individuals. Her service concentrations are commercial entities and nonprofit organizations, with specific expertise in the construction industry and internal control. She is a member of the American Institute of CPAs and the Montana Society of CPAs.
Jan graduated from Montana State University with Bachelor of Science, Accounting Option. She enjoys camping, hiking and biking.
- Significant audit and accounting experience, including performance and supervision of financial statement and compliance audits for nonprofit and commercial entities.
- Specific expertise in the enhancement of internal controls.
- Tax experience includes income tax return preparation for corporations, individuals, partnerships and nonprofit organizations.
- Worked for a utility construction company in Spokane, Washington from 1998 – 2001 as the Controller. Responsible for all phases of operations, including payroll, accounts payable, invoicing and cash receipts, job costing, general ledger and financial statement generation.
- Gives presentations on fraud, internal controls, and grant management and compliance for a statewide nonprofit association.
- Client groups served include nonprofit organizations, construction, service organizations and small businesses.
- Member, American Institute of CPAs
- Member, Montana Society of CPAs
- Board Member, United Way of Missoula County
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Montana State University–1988
- Continuing education through Montana Society of CPAs, American Institute of CPAs and Anderson ZurMuehlen sponsored courses.