- Joined Anderson ZurMuehlen in 1999
- Accredited in Business Valuation
Joanne Sheridan, shareholder, works with corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships providing cash management techniques, financing alternatives, real estate feasibility studies, litigation support, and business valuations. Her service concentrations are business valuations and litigation support.
Joanne is a member of the American Institute of CPAs, the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, and the Montana Society of CPAs. She graduated from Montana State University―Billings, with a Bachelor of Science in Business, and the University of Washington with a Master’s of Business Administration ― Accounting and Finance
- Consultant on various projects for the public and private sectors including business valuations, tax planning, cash management techniques, financing alternatives, real estate feasibility studies, accounting systems development and review, organizational impact studies, and financial statement compilations.
- Developed and facilitated several workshops and seminars for practicing CPAs and small business owners. Sponsors for the workshops and seminars were Montana Society of CPAs, Wyoming Society of CPAs, Utah Association of CPAs, Small Business Administration, and Center for Business Enterprise at MSU-B. Topics included business valuations, exporting for small and medium sized businesses, cash management techniques, financing alternatives and how to raise capital in a small firm, analytical techniques for audit and review, fraud in small business (Statement of Auditing Standards, #82), financial statement analysis for management advice, and business performance evaluation.
- Professor Emeritus – 2004 to present.
- Professor, Montana State University-Billings – 1981 through 2004.
- Business valuation experience includes valuation of various corporations, partnerships and sole proprietorships since 1997 in Montana, Wyoming, Texas, Minnesota, Arizona and Colorado.
- Member, AICPA
- Member, MSCPA
- Member and State Chapter President, NACVA
- Trustee and Executive Committee Member Montana State University – Billings Foundation
- Business Advisory Board member, Montana State University – Billings College of Business
- MBA, Accounting and Finance, University of Washington – 1980
- B.S. in Business, Montana State University-Billings – 1976
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Montana – 1976
- Accredited in Business Valuations (ABV) – 2007
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) – 1999. The CVA designation is a statement to the business, professional, and legal community that an individual is qualified, through academic and practical experience, to meet the high standard and professional expertise required by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) for providing business valuation services.
- Continuing education courses through Montana Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA) and Anderson ZurMuehlen sponsored courses.
- Continuing education through American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Certificate of Educational Achievement in recognition of successful completion of 64 hours of continuing professional education in the Business Valuation Program – 1998.
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts sponsored CVA Business Valuation training Center courses – 1999.