- Joined Anderson ZurMuehlen in 2005
- Certified Fraud Examiner
Shirlee Walker, shareholder, provides fraud investigation services involving bankruptcies and employee theft and tax services for corporations, partnerships, nonprofit, and individuals. Her service concentrations are nonprofit organizations, closely held businesses, veterinarians, business purchases and sales. Shirlee also works with international tax including U.S. citizens living abroad, compliance with the procedures for non-residents, non-filer U.S. taxpayers and consulting for cross-boarder income tax, estate and gift planning.
She is a member of the American Institute of CPAs, the Montana Society of CPAs, and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Shirlee graduated from Eastern Montana College with a Bachelor of Science in Business. She earned a Masters in Business Administration-Taxation from Golden Gate State University. She enjoys training dogs for handicap services and showing dogs in a variety of venues.
- Tax experience includes income tax planning, corporate, individual, partnership and non-profit organization tax returns.
- Extensive experience researching tax issues, IRS protest, IRS appeals, and issues on Unrelated Business Income tax.
- Consulting on tax issues of business start-ups, expanding businesses and business succession.
- Fraud investigation services involving bankruptcies and employee theft.
- Audit experience includes conducting SAS 99 interviews.
- Client groups served include non-profit organizations, closely held businesses, veterinarians, business purchases and sales.
- Member, American Institute of CPAs
- Member, Montana Society of CPAs
- Board Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Supervisory Committee, Missoula Federal Credit Union
- Missoula Chamber of Commerce
- Master of Science in Business Administration-Taxation, Golden Gate State University – 1983
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Eastern Montana College – 1976
- Continuing education through the Montana Society of CPAs, the American Institute of CPAs and Anderson ZurMuehlen sponsored courses.